Friday, September 14, 2007

The Runner, The Stripper, & The Chinese Speaker

First: The Runner
I finally did it! I finally ran my Second Half Marathon! After training 3 seperate times and stopping for 2 pregnancies and a winter, I finally pushed through a summer of running and ran the Spanish Fork Half Marathon last Saturday! Even with a slight touch of the stomach flu, I cut nearly a minute off of each mile! (I definitely paid for it the rest of the day, though!) But now that it's been a couple of days, I am really proud of myself and I'm ready to even get out and run a couple of miles tomorrow.
Second: The Stripper
It was just a normal morning. I went downstairs to get Sophie up from sleeping and I was shocked to see a completely naked baby standing in her crib waiting for me to pick her up. Sometime either when we put her down or when she woke up she had taken off both her pajamas AND her diaper! So of course I also had quite a yucky mess in her bed to clean up, but I could not stop laughing for about a half an hour! Now that was something I wish I had a picture of, but to avoid future blackmail material, I decided that I would just let my memory keep that vivid image alive!
Third: The Chinese Speaker
After a two year hiatus from the language, Scott is taking a Chinese class again! He is so excited that he has been only speaking Chenglish (Chinese/English) for the past couple of weeks since he started. He decided to pick it up again because we are thinking of doing a PhD in Chinese Literature instead of English Literature.

2 comments:

Mat, Chenae & Jackson said...

You guys are so cool! We miss you! Sidra, I'm so proud of you running your race. I'm looking for another one and trying to get up the stamina to actually train. Way to go girl!

rebeccaslife said...

I wish I could do all those things ... ok, minus the stripper one ... you are all wonderful!