Forget a traditional roast and potatoes dinner for Sunday evening! Yesterday I just got this urge to fry something! Not just a little turn of EVOO around the pan (nod to the Rachael Ray fans), but some serious deep frying. I told Scott my idea and we searched our fridge for what we could fry. I whipped up some cream cheese wontons and some pork, tofu, and veggie spring rolls while he decided on some homemade corn dog bites. Once the frying was over we decided we had way too much fried food and that we had to share; so we brought some neighbors in on the action to "try out" our fun. We decided to end the evening on a healthier note, so we made some mugua neoni (Taiwanese papaya milk) and it was honestly some of the most fun I've had for a while. Scott and I used to hang out in the kitchen all the time and see what we could come up with together, but lately (the last 2-3 years) he's been so busy that I've mostly been donning the chefs hat alone. It was a good blast from the past that I hope to repeat a bit more with him.
Sorry no pics of the action! I lost our charger to our digital camera! Whoops...
Snow, snow go away!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment