We haven't had too much of a cockroach problem, but one got in during December and evidently laid eggs because we suddenly had tons of baby cockroaches everywhere! During the week where we were working on making our home cockroach free, we found this guy on our floor. Ick! So we taped over our kitchen drain to make sure no more found their way in(we have all tile floors and there are drains on the floors to help in the mopping). As for the small cockroaches, one day I killed almost 20! But after some hotels, cleaning, and taping up possible entry-ways, we haven't seen one since!
Some people have requested more pictures of us on our scooters, so here they are. We are so used to this so now it doesn't faze us, but I know some of you are going to have heart attacks. The set-up is this: one of the scooters is usually Sophie and I (this is all the stuff we needed for the Christmas party at our church).
And the other scooter has Euan, Meili, and Scott. Euan is too small for a helmet, but notice the lovely chair and head cushion so he doesn't hit the scooter's panel in front of him. He looks pretty squished in this picture, but it's usually not so bad. I think they were still getting adjusted and ready for the ride when I took the pic.
You would be amazed at what you can do if you have to! At least we have been :)
After getting Euan his milk before naptime (we have to use powdered milk because dairy products are astronomically expensive here), something caught my eye on the powdered milk bag. I looked and looked and finally saw it! A huge gecko! Yes, geckos are common house "pests" here, but most people like them because one of their favorite snacks are cockroaches :). I'd rather have a gecko crawling up and down my walls, and powdered milk bags, than have to ever see a cockroach again!
2 comments:
How will your kids like car seats again? Scooters look like way more fun!
Crazy pics! Thanks for sharing! It's so fun to learn more about your lifestyle! Can't wait to hear about your exciting news!
Post a Comment