Thursday, April 8, 2010

Miracles Never Cease



About mid-February, Scott and I decided to go back home to America at the end of the school year which is the end of June. We felt like we should move to Layton so we could be closer to family. Then, with Scott's family's help, we decided to try to buy a house and take advantage of the $8000 tax credit and good interest rates. We soon zeroed in on one that is a 4 bedroom 2 bath with a huge yard at the end of a cul-de sac. But our favorite part about the house is that we can see Scott's sister's house rooftop from our living room and it is only a 10 minute walk from the kids' grandparents house. Location, location, location.
Our offer was accepted early March and although it was difficult to get a loan approved because we are currently in Taiwan, it happened. And we are set to close on the house at the end of this week or early next week. We found out that at least I (Sidra) will have to live in the house within 30 days or we could get in trouble by our financers. So I prepared myself to travel home alone with 3 children because Scott is contracted until the end of June with the school.
But then another miracle happened and we have found a replacement to come and take his place at the beginning of May and we will all be traveling home together!

4 comments:

Sharlee said...

We looked at all your pictures on Facebook- so fun! We got the great location between schools but not neighborhood wise... Zach is jealous of your yard. :)So, it doesn't help for the moment, BUT Zach was talking to Susan Gong (whose husband was put into the 70's during conference) and she is over all the chinese programs in the state of UT. She said NEXT August they will be hiring a ton of new teachers because they have a bunch of native speakers whose visas will be up and they want locals to teach... Just so you know!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Congratulations! I was hoping this was what the big news was! Sounds like a great place for your family! I hope we get to come see you when we're in UT in July!

Gaos said...

Sounds like things are working out for you. Good luck on your move back. I'm glad Scott gets to go back with you.

I'm sorry it has been so rough for you in Taiwan. Good luck with things in Layton. Maybe one day we can visit you there.

Kassi said...

I am so happy for you! A house and coming home to family!