Sunday, December 5, 2010

One Misty, Moisty, Morning

I had some meetings at the church this morning and as I walked to the church (it's a block away), the weather reminded me of exactly 10 years ago when I was living in Russia and every day was cold, foggy, overcast and it seemed to always be snowing at least a little because of the humidity. It was beautiful! We are so happy to be back home for the Holiday Season. We got so homesick last year when we had to squeeze Thanksgiving into a normal evening meal (though we invited some people over to make it a bit more special) and last Christmas especially when Scott had to work on Christmas and we tried to be excited while opening our presents on a Saturday morning in our short sleeves while home and all the beauty of the Christmas season seemed so far away. It really is special to live in a nation which has Christian holidays.

No comments: