My friend, Sharlee Largey (see Friday Night Club below)
, had the greatest idea for a little preschool that she does with her sons. She calls it "Monster School". On Wednesday they go to the library and get books on a certain subject and then read about it for a couple days and then on Friday they have an outing where they explore what they have been learning about. So it was just the thing that put all of my ideas that I've had together and I stole the idea and called it "Princess School." So for our first week, we studied dance. We got some books and we went to BYU to peak in on some dance classes. Meili's favorite was clogging (a surprise since she is a die-hard ballerina).
We also got invited into a modern dance class and we spent about 15 minutes in a ballet class. Meili thought that the ballerinas were real princesses! (She wondered why there were boys in there dancing, too!) We also saw the Paso Doble in an International Latin Dance Class . Then we checked out the swimmers in the pool, the BYU women's basketball team, and some beginner volleyballers (not dance-related, but super fun). It was such a great success. It was so fun, I love princess school. I think that the girls do, too!
, had the greatest idea for a little preschool that she does with her sons. She calls it "Monster School". On Wednesday they go to the library and get books on a certain subject and then read about it for a couple days and then on Friday they have an outing where they explore what they have been learning about. So it was just the thing that put all of my ideas that I've had together and I stole the idea and called it "Princess School." So for our first week, we studied dance. We got some books and we went to BYU to peak in on some dance classes. Meili's favorite was clogging (a surprise since she is a die-hard ballerina).
We also got invited into a modern dance class and we spent about 15 minutes in a ballet class. Meili thought that the ballerinas were real princesses! (She wondered why there were boys in there dancing, too!) We also saw the Paso Doble in an International Latin Dance Class . Then we checked out the swimmers in the pool, the BYU women's basketball team, and some beginner volleyballers (not dance-related, but super fun). It was such a great success. It was so fun, I love princess school. I think that the girls do, too!When I told Sharlee that I was going to do Princess School, she showed up with some tutus for the girls that she had made. She is so nice! The girls are so cute in them. Especially since Meili actually has a leotard and thought she was a real ballerina!
6 comments:
It was fun getting caught up on your blog. I love naptime -- it's my blogtime! :) Your daughters are so adorable. Oh, how they keep us on our toes. I love your preschool idea. One thing we did with Caleb last year was get a binder, a bunch of sheet protectors and white board markers. Then, we printed out all kinds of worksheets (just do Google searches on "preschool worksheets" or "printables") for learning how to write letters or draw and put them in the sheet protectors. That way he could practice over and over, and draw as much as he wanted without using up so much paper!
I love it! What a fun mom! Those two ladies sure are getting BIG!
I found your blog about four clicks away from ours! What a fun idea! I need to remember things like this for when Parker gets a little older! Laura Jones
SO CUTE! That is such a good idea. We're trying to read to Grant, but I don't know how Michael would feel about the tutus....
Hey I found you! Blogs are so fun to be able to keep up with everyone! I love this idea sounds like you guys had a blast!
What a fabulous idea! I'll have to tuck that into my memory for the future. Now I just have to pray that I have little girls, cuz I'd rather have princess school than monster school. :)
Post a Comment