Meili just got done with swimming lessons and she LOVED them! Up until this summer Meili hasn't liked swimming that much. When we would take her to the pool last year, she would wade in the shallow parts of the kid pool and not go near the deeper water (like up to her knees). But over the winter, she started practicing dunking in the tub and so I signed her up for some lessons this year. She did great! Her favorite was going down the "big kids" slide with one of the lifeguards. She even survived our freak cold spell that came the 2 weeks she was in lessons at the outdoor pool! Only a couple of the days were in the low 80s and the rest were in the 50s and 60s and one of the days was even 45 degrees!
Sophie was sad to miss out because I thought I had to go in the pool with Meili so I didn't sign her up. The first day she came with us, she looked in our swim bag the whole time for her swimsuit. "My swimsuit?", she kept asking me. It was so sad! But then I brought special treats for her to eat after that and she was good. The way to that girl's heart is definitely through her stomach.
1 comment:
LOVE the pics of Soph and Mei!
Post a Comment