Monday, October 27, 2008

"I" is for Imagination

It was a normal afternoon. I was slaving over a giant pile of dirty dishes. Next door in my bedroom, my baby had finally fallen asleep. It was so quiet! Wait, too quiet. Where were my 4 year-old and 2 year-old? And what were they up to? The thoughts had barely skimmed across my mind when out of the corner of my eye I saw some movement and heard two giggling girls. One said, "Mommy, don't I look so beautiful?" and then laughed. I tore myself from my project and instead of my 4 year-old, I saw a "superhero princess" who told me that her super powers were to "save the world from bad guys and bugs".



Welcome to my wonderful life! In a matter of seconds, my stresses of being a mother of 3 young children suddenly melted away and I was transported (no doubt by my daughter's superhero powers) to a more carefree life where laughter and play trumped everything else.

3 comments:

The Slothower Family said...

I love moments like that. They make it all worth it. Thanks for sharing, it reminds me to step back and watch for those moments. Love you and miss you tons.

Priscila said...

Sidra,
It was so good talking to you today. How I miss you guys.
Love-ya
Priscila

Marisa said...

That is so cute that Meili did that! I love it! I so look forward to the day that Brielle does things like that. Oh, how fun!