Sunday, May 3, 2009

Meili at school

This is an old post that I somehow never put on. Since it has pictures from last spring, I decided to put it on anyway (since pictures take me forever to upload!)

These are pictures of a sport's day that Meili's school had a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes Meili looks a little lost and shy, but I love that I got some pictures of her being truly happy.

The Taiwanese love our kids, but they especially love that we brought them a "gerber baby" from America. I hear it about 10 times a day (no kidding) "Oh, hao xiang wawa" (oh, he looks like a doll!). And they LOVE to hold him. This is Joyce, who is the vice principal of Meili's school (and my adopted mother because she's given me lots of advice on how to take care of my kids here in Taiwan-trust me, it's different).


**Update**
Meili is so much happier at school now that Sophie is going too and also because she is really starting to understand and speak more Chinese and make friends. Phew!

No comments: