Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Randoms


My friend Emily who is originally from Shanghai, but spent her teenage years in Australia, took me to her favorite hairstylist in the city. The haircut was just ok (I'm picky), but I loved that the salon was full of rockin' guy stylists. They follow Japanese style here, so I had to get a pic with my stylist. One of my friends once told me that she always tried to find guy stylists because they do the best job, but this one didn't work out for me.
During mid-July, the World Games came to our city. It's a cool multi-sport competition for random sports that nearly everyone but the U.S. follows. We could really only afford one event (and we were afraid our kids would only last through one), so we picked trampoline and acrobatics:

This was men's team acrobatics. Very strange for an American. But they could do some cool stuff.

Doubles women's trampoline. Pretty cool.

Here are the girls after the games. It is SO hot here! The Asians really have something with their umbrella use on sunny days. We are really close to the Tropic of Cancer, so our fair skin burns in minutes, literally. I've adopted some of their other methods of hiding from the sun because it's much easier than reapplying sunscreen a ton, which is really expensive here anyway. I'll have to get some pics of those techniques to post later.

Here was one of Euan's favorite hiding spots which we have since gotten rid of. It was a nasty old desk that we were using to hold our TV in our front room. It was too low and unstable for a curious 1+ year-old.

3 comments:

Littleshortstacks said...

Your kids get cuter and continue to grow by the minute! You guys look like you are having a blast. What an experience!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Cool sporting events! I bet they were fun to watch!

Shannon Allen said...

I totally love that you went to the tramp and acrobatics! How fun to see those things in person! I am so sorry how hot it is there! That just sounds miserable but hopefully you will be cooling down soon. Love all your updates and glad you are doing well!