I was just watching "The Sound of Music" with my girls and I have always loved the line, "When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window". I have seen throughout my life when I have had to go through hard trials that the Lord, in his tender mercy, quickly blesses me with some of my greatest blessings.
The last 5 months have been extra difficult for our family. We recently miscarried a pregnancy. After months of difficult morning sickness, at my 15 week prenatal doctor's appointment to see what the sex of our baby we were having was (they do it earlier here), we found that there was no heartbeat and that I would have to check into the hospital to deliver the baby the next day. Miscarriages are hard. This is my fourth. The first was the hardest; it was also in Taiwan. This one was also very difficult because it was late (all the others were before 9 weeks) and so I was already showing and so we had to tell everyone (really, everyone in our whole city almost) what had happened. Also, it was difficult because it was a very sad end to being nearly bed-ridden with sickness for 3 months (I was still throwing up even the night before checking into the hospital). It is difficult for me to share this story on my blog, or with anyone really. Part of the reason two of the other miscarriages were easier to deal with were because no one really knew about them. But, I decided to share because when it happened I thought a lot of a friend who went through a similar miscarriage and remembering her story on her blog really helped me through my own experience.
I, and my family, are doing much better now. We have had about 6 weeks to recover and in the meantime we have been busy carrying through with a decision we had already made to go back to America. That is the "open window".
We also just got the good news that we will finally (it has been a crazy process since we actually aren't there!) be closing on a house this week in Layton, UT, right near all of Scott's family. I and the kids will be moving back by the end of April, but Scott will most likely have to stay through the end of June. We don't have a job yet, but have put in some applications. We are also trying to start a Chinese Immersion school at our house, with a native speaker and everything! It's all been kind of a whirlwind, but we are really excited and feel really blessed at how many answers to prayers and miracles we have seen in just a short time.
We really appreciate how much support and love we always get from family and friends! We have been blessed to be surrounded by people who are truly amazing! Thank you!
Snow, snow go away!
9 years ago
4 comments:
Sidra! I'm so sorry to hear about your baby and being so sick. That's got to be so hard. But, we are excited for your house and for you to get back to the states... Good luck with everything!
Sidra, I thought that was what happened. I'm sorry! Thanks for sharing. Within the last week I have decided that it is sometimes better to share hard things with friends rather than hide them. Sometimes what we share is just what another person needs.
I'm so excited for you guys. I hope that some day we can live close to relatives. I know that will be perfect for your family. :)
Oh Sidra!!! I'm so heartbroken over that news (baby, not house). I want you to know how much you amaze me!! I have always thought of you when it comes to faith and positivity! You inspire me to look at the window instead of focusing on the door! I know the pain of having a miscarriage and am so sorry you had to go through it, especially away from family and friends. Thanks for sharing your story!
I'm so excited you are coming home and that you will be staying in Utah!! I hope we get to see you! I would love to give you stuff from my preschool. You will be a great teacher! Love you tons!!
Sidra, I know it must have been hard to share, but I'm thankful you did because Ryan and I love and care about your family and appreciate knowing how you are really doing: the good and the sad. Thanks for making room in your heart for us, you will always be in ours. Love, prayers, and best wishes always.
Post a Comment