Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm a snob

Today I've accepted that I am a snob. I am not snobby about everything, so maybe I'm not "a snob", but there are a couple things that I am snobby about. I am not proud of this and I think that I need to get over it. For a while now, Scott and I have called ourselves food snobs and I'm pretty sure that it's true. But today I realized there is another thing that I'm snobby about: Volleyball. I've been snobby about Volleyball for a while, but I think that I finally have accepted it and put a name to it. (I guess you could also call it prideful, but I'd like to just stick to "snobby"; which do you think sounds worse?).
These are my top 10 reasons for why I am a Volleyball snob:
1. My team won the coveted BYU Intramurals Volleyball T-Shirt.
2. I was recruited for a team in Oregon (can't remember which) out of High School.
3. My high school team was 2nd in the state.
4. I really don't enjoy recreational volleyball (as opposed to competitive).
5. I own kneepads and they just barely didn't make the cut when I was packing for Taiwan.
6. I only recently got rid of my Volleyball shoes from my Senior Year in High School, and I might add that they had never seen the dirt of pavement.
7. I'm still sad that my position of Libero was created after I had decided I was too short to try out for BYU's Volleyball team.
8. I still dream about growing taller so that I can play more competitive volleyball.
9. I trash talk across the net.
10. I sometimes want to be friends with people just because I know they can play volleyball (I dated a guy once because he was such an awesome setter).

Now please feel free to laugh at me because I know most of these things are pretty ridiculous and I do realize that I should get over it. But, can I still dream about growing taller?

2 comments:

Sharlee said...

Zach won't admit it but he thinks the same way!

Deanna said...

Ha! This is hilarious Sidra. I was the Volleyball Stat girl in high school b/c I didn't make the team. So, I guess I dreamed of being a volleyball snob, but I wasn't even good enough for that :)