Thursday, April 23, 2009

Taiwanese generosity



Just seeing this picture makes my mouth water. This is the reason I go to my yoga classes and wake up after a restless night to run. I love food!
This cheesecake was given to us by a member family who owns one of the best (famous) beef noodle shops that we know of. This is an extra special desert here because the ingredients to make this are quite rare, as is the oven needed in order to bake it. It is truly a good example of how generous and kind people are here. We rarely leave our house without getting something from someone. Amazing. It is a trait I am trying to acquire as well. It is a little awkward for me right now; like, am I giving the right type of gift to the right type of person? It seems to me that you almost can't go wrong with giving someone fruit here, so I am starting there. Then I may work my way to the ultimate, which happens to be hand cream, at least that's what I've heard.
Here is another example. Meili's principal commented on how Meili's Teddy looks a little shabby and so she bought her this new one.

And to make sure that Sophie didn't feel bad, she bought her this Minnie Mouse.

And here's the girls giving their new friends a ride on the teeter-totter at Mei's school.

3 comments:

Sharlee said...

Meili with a new teddy? Unbelievable! Your kids all look so good! We are doing well but still don't have any friends like you guys... We miss you!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Is Meili really converted to the new teddy? Hard to imagine! What generous people though! That cheesecake looks incredible!

Shadow - JingQin said...

looks like your daughters enjoys the life here in Taiwan!! we really need to get some time together soon!!