I added this picture because I thought it was cute that even the nuns at this Buddhist Monastery went gaga over Euan.
Us inside the main place of worship. The three big buddhas behind us (you can only see two)each represented different things. The middle was enlightenment, and the two on the outside were purity and knowledge. At least that's what I think, I'm not sure if I remember... Plus there were 14,800 small buddhas around the room that represented other things. During worship, they all have a light that is lit up.
Here is our Sophie. She is such a ham!
I think that Euan felt like he was the one driving the long golf cart that we drove around the monastery grounds in. It was so cute!
This is the nun who was our tour guide. What I learned from her? All religions have pieces of the truth, and I love the principles that are taught in Buddhism. Those who follow Buddhism are amazing, kind, good people who love education, virtue, purity, service, family, and more. It strengthened my testimony in my own faith! What good examples they are to me. I am so grateful that there are other good people who strive to be better. I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to have a knowledge of the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and I will follow their good examples by adhering to the principles of my own faith even more fervently.
4 comments:
Hey Sidra! How are you? Do you have swine flu in your country? They have one confirmed case of it in Park City so all the schools are closed down and they missed their prom and the people are even wearing masks... the kid that had it is already better. I feel like it is just flu- is that bad? People have the flu all the time- the only difference is that they don't have a vaccine yet so it is spreading faster... I do hate the flu though, so we will be washing lots of hands and staying out of big crowds just in case. We'll see. :) Hope all is well!
Cool! And that picture of Sophie is so cute---I laughed out loud! Way to have a good attitude, I'll remember that!
Hey, I just noticed you changed the title of your blog---very cool!
except that cinderella was kind of forced to do those things, right? and never got a break? where us moms chose (or at least most of us chose) to do what we're doing. that's the difference, right? (not that i'm saying you're wrong, because i agree with the comment about "complaining about housework" isn't helpful to our children...i know what you're getting at, just giving you a hard time. =)
very cool Buddah temple. i'm glad you guys are doing stuff like that.
Post a Comment