Friday, October 2, 2009

Familiar Faces

One of the highlights of the summer for us was spending the Fourth of July with some familiar American faces! Janette and DJ Gao recently moved back to Kaohsiung, where DJ is from. They are Nate Priddis's-our neighbor for the past couple of years in Provo-sister and family, and the couple that helped us get our current job. They and their 2 boys, Cougar and Hyrum, spent the day with us at the beach and Dream Mall (one of Asia's largest malls). It is amazing to have a normal chat in English with Americans (yes I consider you American, DJ) after having a drought for a while. Happy day!

Euan enjoying our soft black sandy beach!

The girls loved hanging out with the boys, too. They still talk about them and fight over who is going to marry whom (I hope they grow out of this kind of talk!). This is them riding a big panda in the kids center at Dream Mall.

The panda would never fly in America. You put money in it and it actually walks around! There are no safety devices to help the kids stay on and I have to say that our little kids had a hard time controlling it at first and more than one Taiwanese had to jump out of the way as a giant panda with little kids on it literally started attacking them.

Euan loved the potential destruction.

2 comments:

apriddis said...

I didn't realize the panda walks around, that is so funny! The mental image of it is killing me. I wish we had sweet rides like that in America. Also, I wouldn't mind if your girls married one of my nephews because then we would be related!! :)

Victoria Blanchard said...

No way! That's crazy! As in, crazy fun! Can Katie marry Euan? Then we could be mothers-in-law together---how fun would that be?